Hope Virgo is Cycling from Lands’ End to John O’Groats!
This September, Hope Virgo (Shaw Mind Foundation mental health ambassador and author of Stand Tall Little Girl) will be cycling from Land’s End to John O’Groats in order to promote our HeaducationUK campaign.
On the 19th of July 2018, the government released a new guidance proposal for implementing compulsory mental health education in schools from September 2020.
The change in guidance comes after the publication of last year’s Children and Young People’s Mental Health Green Paper. This was updated following a debate in parliament, triggered by our petition and HeaducationUK campaign, to make mental health education compulsory across the UK.
BUT, 2020 is still a long time away for those who need help NOW.
For this reason, not only is Hope cycling to raise vital funds to enable us to provide schools with training and education on mental illness, but she is also stopping off at schools along the way. There, she will give free mental health awareness talks and help those who are struggling to get the help and support that they need.
How can you help?
By sponsoring Hope on her bike ride across the country, you will be ensuring that schools across the UK have access to better mental health support and resources. We don’t use donations to pay wages, so you can rest assured that your donation goes directly to the cause you are supporting.
- £5 – can allow us to further our HeaducationUK campaign to make mental health education a reality in all UK schools sooner by helping to fund vital mental health training, education, awareness and support within schools.
- £10 – will allow us to continue to help those who have been subjected to a mental health injustice by fighting their corner so that they are treated fairly and without prejudice.
- £20 – will allow us to provide up to 100 copies of self-help guides and information packs to schools, giving children access to information and support whenever they need it.
- £50 – Will allow us to deliver a remote access mental health awareness session to a school* via Skype, providing an excellent starting point to increase mental health awareness and initiate conversation around it.
- £100 – will allow us to provide a one-hour mental health awareness talk in a school with a Q&A session, plus 100 free guides for future reference, support and information.
*Please do ask us if you would like to know more about nominating a school to benefit from your donation.