We have produced a range of free marketing material and guides for you to use to increase awareness of your fundraising. From ideas on how to write a press release to spread the word to the media, posters you can use in your office to banners for website or social media use.
Simply download the material you require below. If you would like any assistance at all or have an idea for how we can help other fundraisers, we would love to hear from you.
Write a press release
If you fancy unleashing your inner creative side and want to write your own press release about your fundraising for The Shaw Mind Foundation, then here are a few tips on how to write a successful one.
- Ensure your press release is no more than one page long and use a standard font
- Make sure that it has the words ‘press release’ and the date
- Have a catchy title to attract attention
- The main body copy needs to state 1) What is about to happen? 2) Who is involved? 3) When is it going to happen? 4) Where is going to take place? 5) Why is this happening (what is the bigger picture?)
- The press release should then include a quote from you/a senior person at your organisation
- Ensure that you include your contact details should further information be required
- The word ‘Ends’ to show that is the end of the main release
- Notes to editors – you can include a bit of extra information that might help the journalist or editor to understand more about The Shaw Mind Foundation
- Why not send your finished press release to your local radio station or newspaper by contacting their news desk?
Banners for your website and social media pages
Just select the banner you wish to use, right click and save as.