We have produced a range of free marketing material for you to use for your fundraising - from press releases that spread the word to the media, posters you can use in your office to banners for website or social media use. Our tools can help you get the most out of your fundraising.
Simply download the material you require below. If you would like any assistance at all or have an idea for how we can help other fundraisers, we would love to hear from you. Simply email us.
Sample press releases
Download the templates below to help you write your own press release. Just add in the details of your own fundraising event for The Shaw Mind Foundation and change the parts in red by entering your own details.
Why not send your finished press release to your local radio station or newspaper by contacting their news desk?
Want to write your own press release?
If you fancy unleashing your inner creative side and want to write your own press release about your fundraising for The Shaw Mind Foundation, then here are a few tips on how to write a successful one.
- Ensure your press release is no more than one page long and use a standard font
- Make sure that it has the words ‘press release’ and the date
- Have a catchy title to attract attention
- It should have a short first paragraph that briefly explains what you are doing and why it is important
- The main body copy needs to state 1) What is about to happen? 2) Who is involved? 3) When is it going to happen? 4) Where is going to take place? 5) Why is this happening (what is the bigger picture?)
- The press release should then include a quote from you/a senior person at your organisation
- Ensure that you include your contact details should further information be required
- The word ‘Ends’ to show that is the end of the main release
- Notes to editors – you can include a bit of extra information that might help the journalist or editor to understand more about The Shaw Mind Foundation.
Posters to display in your office
Mental health open zone poster – this poster can be printed off to a size that suits you. Display in your place of work to show colleagues that your company operates a mental health open zone within the workplace, that it welcomes all staff to openly discuss mental health issues without judgement and that as a company you are working hard to reduce the stigma that often follows mental health. Download now.