Tell the story of your journey with mental health
Do you have what it takes to help others? Share your story and make a difference.
Sharing your personal story can not only be therapeutic, but it can also help others. We actively invite sufferers to write guest blogs for us or your story could be chosen by our publishing panel (Trigger) so you can share your mental health journey with a worldwide audience – whilst providing contributing proceeds to our charity.
If you have suffered or are suffering from a mental illness, then we would very much like to hear your story. You can either choose to write a guest blog for us or share your story with our publishing division; Trigger.
Share your whole story with Trigger
Trigger is a global trade publishing house wholly dedicated to mental health welfare for the global community. We want to change the world and give those suffering from mental health issues a path to recovery and a voice through literature, education and positive exposure.
- Trigger commission authors to write about particular subjects, as they have experienced and recovered from them, alongside an appropriate clinical psychologist to participate in the writing of each book.
- Trigger is also seeking authors as it builds a comprehensive list of titles offering help in all areas of mental health.
- Proceeds from all Trigger books go directly to The Shaw Mind Foundation
- We also provide competitive commercial ongoing royalties to the selected author.
- Please see the Trigger website for more details.
Write a guest blog for us
The Shaw Mind Foundation features stories from guest bloggers with narrative on their personal experience with mental illness.
Millions of people around the world suffer from a wide range of mental illness, which can feel very isolating. Writing about your journey as a sufferer, or even as a family member or friend of a sufferer, is very cathartic.
Your writing will also help other people who may be in a similar situation by the very nature of them feeling that they aren’t facing mental illness challenges alone, and that we face them together and have the courage to talk about them.
Our founder Adam Shaw is a great fan of blogging and you can see his blogs about his journey with mental health and also our guest blogs here.
Want to write a guest blog for us?
We welcome you to write a guest blog for us and we will share this on our website and across our social media platforms.
• Write about your personal journey with mental illness in no more than 3,000 words.
• You can remain anonymous if you would prefer although we actively encourage you to credit your blog with your name as having mental illness is nothing to be ashamed about!
• You can add a photograph of yourself should you wish
• You don’t have to be an expert writer as your blog will be proofread for any spelling or grammatical errors prior to publishing.
If you would like to submit a guest blog please use the contact form below and we will be in touch with you shortly (via email) to discuss the next step.