The Shaw Mind Foundation - your mental wellbeing partner.
Our training course will ensure you are equipped with the relevant knowledge of mental health disorders to be able to manage and provide a high standard of support.
You will explore how mental health issues impacts individuals over their lifetime, the wider implications for their family and society, and how the media influence perceptions of mental health.
Mental Health Awareness
This full day, face to face course in mental health awareness equips you with the knowledge needed to identify the signs, triggers and effects of mental health. By the end of this course, delegates will be able to understand:
- The terms ‘mental health’, ‘mental illness’ and ‘mental wellbeing’
- The statistics surrounding prevalence, trends and inequalities in mental health
- Attitudes to mental health and associated stigma
- How to respond initially to someone experiencing a mental health emergency
- The causes, symptoms and treatment of common mental health problems, including:
- Bipolar Disorder
- Anxiety Disorders (Including OCD)
- Eating Disorders